Friday, July 30, 2010

veggietrader.com (3/27/2010)

So I came across this site while reading through my newest ReadyMade magazine. I am curious to hear everyone's opinion on this:

Veggietrader is basically an ebay for produce, seeds, flowers, bulbs, etc. I love this idea, although I don't know that I would ever buy or trade outside of my state because of produce quarantines that I know exist in California but would have no idea how to keep track of in other areas. They have a blog: veggietrader.blogspot.com.
I signed up for an account on veggietrader and guess what? No one came up on my search closer than 700 miles. Bummer! Maybe this summer some U-tards will pop out of the woodwork... If you live anywhere in California, however, and are into supporting your local economy/ eating fresh/ making some extra green by selling the fruits of your labor (hehehe) you should definitely check this out because a ton of Californians are already doing it! If you live in Utah and you have a garden and you read this, pleeeeeeeeeeease sign up and/or spread the word because this is something that definitely needs to take off in Utah. I understand that this time of year sucks for home growers but soon, very soon, the weather will turn awesome and I think we should all be ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment