Thursday, July 29, 2010

Crock Pot Roast and Leek Mashed Potatoes

My posting has been pretty irregular lately. For that we can thank the unreliable connection I pirate from the In Town Suites located diagonally across from my apartment complex. So, sorry. I am poor.

Right now I am super excited about the fact that they are offering Sleepless in Seattle on my On Demand Free Movies. I dare you to find a better romance story. Whoever wrote that movie is a genius. I may just hang out inside all day watching this movie on a loop. I think Jacob and I own every other movie on earth, how has he not bought this one for me yet? ...Item one on my X-mas wish list. “It was a million tiny little things, and when you add them all up it just meant that we were supposed to be together...” or something like that… ugh. “A movie…that’s your problem. You don’t wanna be in love, you wanna be in love in a movie!”

Last night was our night to have Grayson over, although I think he might be loosing patience with me because we always end up eating between 8 and 9 at night. I hope he puts up with me, because I love hearing the sagas of his dating world in Provo.

Before I get into what I made last night I just want to ask for two things. I always want you to send me any recipe for whatever is delicious, but today I am looking for two things specifically: one, a recipe for homemade tortillas, two, a recipe for coleslaw. You can email me either to notouchieman@aol.com or notouchieman@gmail.com.
Now for the recipes…

Crock Pot Roast and Leek Mashed Potatoes:
Prep time: 30 min, Cook time: 4 hours, Serves 4



For Roast:

- 2 ½ pound roast
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 can crushed or diced tomatios, 14 and ½ ounces or larger
- 1 cup chicken or beef broth
- 1 stick of butter divided in half
- about 2 tablespoons flour

Add first six ingredients to crock pot. Add half of the stick of butter. Cook in crock pot for 4 hours. When time is up remove some of the vegetables and liquid. Pulse in food processor until smooth. Heat ½ stick butter in sauce pan. Add flour and stir until lumps are gone, then add vegetable mixture and heat until thickened. Pour sauce back over roast, and serve.

While roast is in crock pot prepare potatoes.

For the Leek Mashed Potatoes:

- 12-15 small potatoes pealed and chopped
-fresh ground pepper and cayenne pepper to taste
- olive oil
- 2 leeks (white and light green part) rinsed and sliced into half moons
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 oz.cream cheese
- 2 heaping spoonfuls sour cream
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- ¾ cube unsalted butter

Place potatoes in large pan and coat with olive oil, fresh ground pepper and cayenne pepper. Boil in water until tender.While potatoes boil heat butter in pan add leeks. Cook until tender and slightly translucent. Place leeks in food processor and process until desired consistency. When potatoes are finished cooking, drain and return to pot. Add leeks, cream cheese, sour cream, heavy cream and butter. Mash ingredients together. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment