Saturday, November 6, 2010

Nutella Fudge

Nutella is God's gift to men.
Here's how to make your $5 jar of nutella go a little bit farther. This makes a 9 x 13 full of super rich fudge, so think of some friends because you're gonna wanna share. It is unbelievably easy to make. I like to cut the fudge into squares and wrap them in parchment paper. Just remember to tell your friends that it needs to be stored in the fridge or freezer. Enjoy!!!
(I adapted this recipe from one given to me by Jacob's Grandma Vance for plain chocolate fudge.)

You will need:
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 &1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 pkg milk chocolate or white chocolate chips
- 12.5 oz nutella
- 1 &1/2 sticks butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- chopped nuts if desired

Directions:
In a large bowl combine chocolate chips, nutella, and butter.
Combine sugar and milk in a LARGE sauce pan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, for 6 to 7 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
Pour sugar mixture over chocolates and butter a little at a time, stirring until smooth. Then add in vanilla (and nuts, optional).

Pour mixture into a 9 x 13 pan or cookie sheet. Place in freezer to allow fudge to cool and harden. Cut into squares and wrap in parchment paper if desired.

6 comments:

  1. I like your picture. Beauty in simplicity. I've never used Nutella, but this looks like the perfect time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Annie! It came out really yummy. I took some to my neighbors today, I hope they like it as much as I do! Otherwise I'm gonna be ticked I wasted it on them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Already saved this in my favorites! thanks for coming up with this. (I never have to wonder what to do with my Nutella though. It never lasts). And your recipe is the reason why. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! It is SO good. Something that I shouldn't be eating at 10:30 in the morning, but I just had a piece. It's great-I love it. Thanks so much for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Caitlin! You're very welcome! Sorry I didn't bring it over myself, I thought you lived in our complex. When Jeff and Jess told me they were stopping by your house I asked them to take your fudge too. Your blog is great, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen to everyone else--it is AMAZING. I just had a ton for lunch :)

    ReplyDelete