Thursday, July 29, 2010

Apple Sauce Cookies, and So Far in California... (10/12/2009)

We left for CA at 5:30 on Friday night, thank you sooooooooo much J. Crew for scheduling me for an on call shift and then not using me. Argh. So happy not to work there, but so sad to lose the discount. My emotions are playing tug-of-war. But thanks to them, Jacob and I had to drive through the night and arrived in Newbury Park at two thirty in the morning.
I shudder to remember how many times I looked over and caught Jacob going a hundred miles per hour. I shudder to remember how many times I got yelled at for back seat driving. Happily it is all fading into a sleepy blur.
We slept in on Saturday, and went to our cousins wedding that night. It was freezing cold outside for the service, but the food was slammin'! And here is my brother in law Adam on his third Shirley Temple....
Car and Jacob on their 6th. Yum.
Thank you Emily for babysitting!
We also went to the movies and saw Couples Retreat. Such a funny movie! The new, or I guess newish, movie theatre in the Thousand Oaks mall is so nice! Sunday we had a BBQ and I got to see my favorite male model. Thank you Mama Jo for having such a beautiful son! I wanted to try to take a sneaky picture so that I could post it, but I was too nervous… People just won’t understand. You really have to see him to believe it. And even then it’s still kind of hard to believe.(P.S. Mama Jo, I hope you had fun in Colorado with Willie, Kelly and their kids!)
Can I get a whoot whoot for Jacob who is super awesome and must still like me a little bit because he reserved us tickets for the October 14th taping of Conan O’Brien! I love Conan! My two reasons for waking up in the morning: Conan O’Brien and Laura Jensen. They make me laugh, and they don’t want anything from me like a clean house or for me to have had a shower, or for me to get them milk and a graham cracker.

I love coming to Jacob’s parent’s house! It’s no San Diego, but it’s a close second… Here are the cookies Larene made at the BBQ.
Apple Sauce Cookies

- 1 cup crisco
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups apple sauce
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 ½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup raisins
Cream Crisco and sugar. Add eggs and apple sauce. In separate bowl sift together flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and ground cloves. Add dry mixture to wet mixture until combined. Add raisins and chocolate chips. Bake for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees. The batter should be the consistency of thick cake batter. If yours seems runny just add small amounts of flour until you have the thickness you want. I found that this batter thickens as it sits.

No comments:

Post a Comment