Thursday, July 29, 2010

Clarissa Ludlow's Potato Cheese Soup, and come on guys, update your blogs! (10/3/2009)


I’m not big at looking at peoples personal blogs. I like reading about stuff, like…craft stuff, or cool jewelry stuff, or ‘did you know?’ type stuff. I don’t mind a little personal info mixed in, I actually think that makes the ‘whatever’ they’re writing about more interesting. Obviously. That’s how I write. What I’m getting at is this. Of the 4 blogs I do follow, three haven’t posted anything new since I started Dirty Little El Camino Lover. Come on guys, we’re at 16 posts to none.
And if you know of any cool blogs I should be following, please tell me about them!
Now for the soup. My BFF ‘L-Dub’ passed this recipe on to me about a year or so ago. You don’t want to know the word she uses to describe how good this soup is, because it’s dirty. Just like she is. Oooohhhh!

For this recipe you will need:

-4 cups pealed, cubed potatoes
- ½ cup chopped onion
-1 cup chopped celery
-1 cup sliced carrot
-4 chicken bullion cubes
-1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- ¼ cup butter
-2 tablespoons all purpose seasoning
-8 cups water
-2 cups small shell pasta
(I used macaroni this time because I ran out of shells)
-1 cup heavy cream or milk
-3 cups grated cheddar cheese

Add all ingredients (except the last three) into a large pot. Cook over medium-high heat until vegetables are tender. Add pasta and cook until tender. Once pasta is tender, add cream and cheese. When incorporating cheese into soup, add small handfuls at a time to avoid the cheese clumping.
I love this soup with cheese-garlic bread. So good! Thanks Clarissa!

No comments:

Post a Comment