Friday, July 30, 2010

Practicality meets Frugality. (1/14/2010)

This is going to be a short post because I don't feel good, but the only way Internet connection can be achieved in my apartment is by standing in a specific spot in my kitchen...I feel like I might pass out on my computer. I have been sick for 18 days and counting. I was almost better, but woke up from a three hour nap (how time flies) and felt like I was right back where I started on day one. Always when I travel. Also, I think my bladder might have collapsed inside my body. Like every 2 minutes, guys, no kidding...

Anyway, last night my sister in law, along with myself and a girlfriend of mine attended a church class my husband's cousin was teaching on coupons. I had heard stories, but wow. Her name is Amy, she is married with two kids and this woman spends 100 dollars a month on groceries! FOR A FAMILY OF FOUR? Things like razors, toothpaste, Listerine she gets for free. Cans of Hormel Chili, 12 cents/ can. All name brand stuff. The key is combining coupons with store specials. This is not easy, don't let me fool you. You have to want it, bad. It requires organization, time, and you can't be afraid of what you think other people are thinking, although the only thing I think is that Amy is a genius... She says she often draws crowds at the cash register because people cant believe how much she saves. BAM, instant super star.

She, of course, has a blog:

http://practicalitymeetsfrugality.blogspot.com/

where she posts all kinds of helpful information along with her most diligent convert, another cousin of ours. Bless their hearts! I will be starting this up, and if all goes well you can follow my progress right here.

I love you Amy.

No comments:

Post a Comment