Friday, April 6, 2012

Bruce's Dip


The name of the dip says nothing about it. This recipe is my favorite so far from Gwyneth's cookbook "My Father's Daughter."

Named after her father (apparently his favorite summertime snack), this is a mayo/sour cream based dip flavored with capers (yum!), and fresh herbs. I have eaten said dip in an avocado half, and died and went to heaven. But when you eat through all your avocados you can use your leftovers on a roasted chicken sandwich!

I ate my sammy with a side of Sauteed Baby Beans with Artichokes and Green Olives (find that recipe HERE).

Eating Gwyneth food makes me feel sexy. And that is priceless.

You will need:

- 1 cup Vegenaise (because it's healthier, but feel free to use regular good quality Mayo)
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 scallions, finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, pealed and minced or pushed through a press
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
A few fresh grinds black pepper
Pinch coarse salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons capers, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seeds

Directions:

Mix it all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment