Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Belgian Waffles


I haven't been posting recipes lately. For those of you who may not know, I started back up at the University of Utah. I had previously gotten my AA from UVU, but have been waiting for Jacob to finish his degree so that I could go back. Well, Jacob did graduate and has been working as an archaeologist for P3 Archaeology in Salt Lake. This last semester has been my first in about 4 years! I love it! I am really busy, which I enjoy. There are only about 15 people in each of my classes and, because I love talking to people, I have made about 45 new friends. Major change from the social circle of a stay-at-home mom, for sure. I study German, so heads up, I will be posting a ton of traditional German/ Eastern European recipes in the next little while. The semester is over for me on the 9th of December, so look out for a bunch of postings this next month or two (hopefully)!

Belgian Waffles:

- 2 eggs (yolk and white separated)
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 3/4 cups self-rising flour (for each cup regular flour, add 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt)
- 2 cups warm milk

Directions:

Combine egg yolks and following 4 ingredients (sugar, vanilla, butter, and salt) in a large mixing bowl. Add in flour and milk alternating, but beginning and ending with flour, until combined.

In a separate bowl, beat egg whites to stiff peaks:


Fold egg whites gently into batter.
Let mixture stand for 40 minutes before cooking your waffles. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment