Thursday, July 29, 2010

Roast Salmon and Vegetables (9/18/2009)





I am so excited! Today I am posting my first recipe, and my blog already has one official follower. He happens to be a vegan, so... sorry Jon you'll probably never be able to eat any of the posted recipes. But thank you for being my first fan.
For this recipe you will need:

2 large fennel bulbs, frons removed
1 pint grape tomatoes
8 cloves garlic, minced
1 lemon thinly sliced
1/4 cup olive oil - (side note: if you refer to olive oil as "e.v.o.o." you are a huge dork.)
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
6 sprigs fresh thyme
4 6 oz. salmon fillets, skin removed if preferred

(I cut this recipe in half for Jacob and I, although I did use an entire lemon.)

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Cut each fennel bulb in half lengthwise, then cut each half into 6 wedges. In a roasting pan or large baking dish toss the fennel, tomatoes, garlic, lemon slices and olive oil with the salt, pepper and fresh thyme. Spread out the mixture into a single layer and roast until the fennel is tender, about 40 minutes. Season the Salmon with some of the kosher salt and pepper, and place on top of vegetable mixture. Return to the oven and roast until the salmon fillets are done (they will be the same color throughout and will flake easily). This should take about 12 minutes depending on the size of your fillets, mine took a little longer because they were huge. Discard the lemon before serving.

I hope you all love this salmon recipe. I served it with mashed potatoes that I had left over from earlier in the week, but you really could eat this on its own or with rice. The recipe is from an old issue of Real Simple Magazine, probably about 3 years old. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment