Thursday, July 29, 2010

Meat Sauce




This is the spaghetti I grew up on. I love to use this sauce when I make lasagna. When I make it I always make enough to freeze for later use. This recipe makes enough for just that.

Can we tell the theme for this week is quick, easy, comfort food?

Truth be told the only thing I really want, and I will get it shortly, is a bean and extra cheese add sour cream burrito from Sombrero’s in San Diego. Come next week I will have my burrito and the universe will again be in balance! (Could you tell something was off?)

For the spaghetti sauce you will need:

- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 14.5 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 14.5 oz can stewed tomatoes, Italian style if you can find it
- 2 packets Lawry’s Spaghetti Sauce Spices & Seasonings, original NOT extra rich and thick

Directions:

Brown the ground beef in a large Dutch oven or stock pot.



Add canned tomatoes and sauce, one can full of water, and the spice packets. Cook until heated through and the sauce has thickened. You can serve it chunky, but I like to use my immersion blender to puree out the sauce. If you don't have an immersion blender you could use a food processor or regular blender. (But you should buy an immersion blender, best thing I ever did. Target, 30 bucks. And way easier to clean than the alternative.)



Add to your favorite pasta. You can also leave the meat out of the sauce completely, it is still really tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment