Thursday, July 29, 2010

Cranberry Sunshine

I flew into L.A.X. yesterday and so far so good. When I am here I don't have an opportunity to do much cooking, and I do even fewer dishes, but I did want to bring something to every body's attention...
Last trip down Wayne had bought the most delicious soda, and the only time I ever drink soda anymore is when I am visiting the fam, so I was excited to find that Wayne had kept some of this soda on stock! It's nothing crazy, not some off the wall brand or anything, but I had never heard of this flavor before: Sierra Mist Cranberry Splash. It's like drinking cranberry sunshine, and I am keeping my fingers crossed that they don't discontinue it after x-mas.



I was downtown today with Jacob's entire family (minus Jacob and Grayson because they couldn't miss class) and after having lunch at BJ's we walked across the street and got cookie ice cream sandwiches from a place called Diddy Riese.



I LOVE a cookie ice cream sandwich, most nights it is my go-to dessert. Diddy Riese was so good, but I think that my favorite thing about it is that it reminded me of my college room-roommate Leigh-Diddy (I lived with 5 other girls total, but she and I actually shared a room). She has the swagger of P-Diddy wrapped up in the body of a sassy white woman.

While we were downtown I saw someone famous! I have only seen three famous people in my life including this guy (the first was Regis Philbin, the second was Stevie Wonder). My sister in law spotted him first, and told me that he is "Mc Steamy" from Grey's Anatomy, but I know him from The Wedding Planner (he plays J'Lo's Italian semi-love interest). I have never been a fan of Grey's Anatomy, the one time I tried to watch an episode I got too annoyed with the main character and had to turn it off. But this guy was pretty hot, so maybe I'll have to give it a try again... (This picture is from google, he was with his kids so I felt weird asking for a picture. But I really did see him, really...)

No comments:

Post a Comment