Thursday, July 29, 2010

Honey Garlic Salmon, and the baddest virgin in Texas! (9/27/2009)

Bleh. I had to work last night. This was sad for Jacob because he had to eat leftovers. This is sad for you because I had no recipe to post. It was sad for me because I hadn’t been called into work for two weeks, and I had gotten used to my life of luxury. I have to work again on Monday night, but do not fret my dears; I have a yummy pasta salad recipe for you that I will post.

Last Thanksgiving, as some of you may remember, I left Escalante with a little stow away. That stow away was a dirty little book called The Baddest Virgin In Texas. Who would have thought that in the Escalante senior center, where Jacob’s family has started hosting Thanksgiving dinner, so many exciting stories lay waiting for me to discover?! I had read all but the last 20 pages or so…until yesterday morning. Do you want a little taste? You want a little taste of it, don’t you?

“And Lash’s lips parted and his eyes widened and his Adam’s apple swelled and
receded again as he swallowed hard. His gaze moved slowly down the silky teddy,
back up again. He drew a shallow breath. ‘Mercy,’ he muttered, and she thought
maybe he meant it.
Too bad if he did. She wasn’t going to show him any mercy
tonight.”




And then I got to read in awkward, vivid detail everything that happened next. Whoo!

Then I ate brownies. No, that’s not an innuendo. I really needed a brownie after that.

What will I read next? I think Romance novels are my new thing…

Tonight I made honey garlic Salmon. It’s my favorite way to eat salmon, and the sauce tastes really yummy over rice. It is so easy to make, and it comes together in about fifteen minutes. Woo hoo! You could spent all afternoon reading smut, throw the salmon together right before your significant other comes home, and pretend you spent your afternoon in the kitchen! …I do a lot of pretending.

For the Salmon you will need:

-2 to 6 salmon steaks
-one cup honey
-3 cloves garlic, minced
-1 tablespoon soy sauce

(The sauce supposedly makes enough for six steaks, but I make that amount for two, and there is just enough sauce left to spoon over rice, so if you are cooking for more than two, I would consider doubling the recipe.)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine the ingredients in a sauce pan and heat over medium high until honey and soy sauce are combined.

Place steaks in a single layer in a shallow, greased baking pan. Brush sauce over salmon steaks prior to baking. Cook salmon in oven for 15-20 minutes, depending on size of steaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment