Thursday, July 29, 2010

Coco's Oohy Gooey Cake.



Jacob's Grandpa Meisenbach (aka Poppy) holds a pre-Christmas "Family Christmas" the Saturday before actual Christmas. This is so those grand kids who are married and have to share with the in-laws still get to see everyone and exchange gifts. It is FABULOUS! It is an all day event. A big white rental tent is set up in Poppy's back yard and furnished with a stage, on which sits a faux fireplace, a decorated Christmas tree, and extra-large faux gifts. There is also a large, brightly colored chair that we each take turns (by age, youngest to oldest) sitting on to open our gifts. My first year going I turned bright red, sweat so much I ought to have changed my shirt, and vowed "never again, ever. I mean it Jacob, never." But now I love it!

LLLLLLLOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEEEE it...

Here is Jacob's Cousin Bret, LLLLLOOOOOOOOOVVVVIIIIIINNNNGGGGGG it. I didn't ask his permission to post this, but....I'm sure it's cool.

The day starts with breakfast in the tent, mostly catered except for Aunt Wendy's amazing french toast. Then we all separate to do our own thing for a while, but end up meeting back up at the swap meet anyway. Then it's back for lunch in the tent, followed by games, the opening of presents, and dinner. Then comes dessert: my mother-in-law's hot fudge is the main attraction, but this year I had a new favorite: Coco's oohy gooey cake. Oh my sugar overload... Her is how she makes it, in her words:

"I make a chocolate cake from a box, then poke holes all over with a straw. Drizzle sweetened condensed milk and caramel so they seep into the cake. (I almost use a whole can of the sweetened condensed milk and probably half a bottle of caramel) then cover with cool whip and top with either heath bar or score bar, and wha-la, your done. Then just put it in the fridge overnight. (I think it's better cold. :)"



Thank you Coco! (I think it's better in my tummy.)
Try it. Do it. Love it. I spent the day enjoying the sun at Sea Port Village, jealous? Yep, you are...


No comments:

Post a Comment