Friday, July 30, 2010

Radi-shroom

I got this cute idea from a blog I like called "Be Different, Act Normal." You can find a link to the site on my side bar. It's a girl who reads a bunch of blogs and when she sees something she likes she posts it to her site. I guess she kind of filters out all but the cool crafty ideas. She doesn't even do them herself, but that's ok because I guess reading her blog saves me time...?

I didn't look at the tutorial on the original blog, it seemed like something I was capable of figuring out on my own. Here's how I did it...

First: without cutting all the way through the radish, slice a circle around the middle of the radish.

Second: cut slices from this first circle almost all the way to the leafy end. Don't cut to deep, you are trying to create the stem of the "mushroom" here, and you want it to be pretty sturdy so it won't break off in your salad.

Third: cut a smaller circle at the leafy base connecting the slices you just made.
...You should then be able to pop out nice little squares with the point of your knife, revealing your stem! Easy-peasy!
Now, cut off the remaining red left on the base of the stem.
And cut off the tip at the root end of the radish...
Then use your knife to cut out little circles in the tops of your "mushrooms" and, BAM! Salad made radical. It came out so great that I just about died from high-fiveing.

No comments:

Post a Comment