Thursday, October 28, 2010

Another Delicious Pumpkin Bread Recipe

I begged my friend Adriana sent me this recipe. She gave me some the other day and I couldn't stop eating it. I'm not sure where the recipe came from, but she changed it a bit so I'm giving her the credit. This bread is the best if you make a simple frosting (of milk and powdered sugar) and pour it over the top of the bread while bread is still warm. The frosting will harden and add a delicious sweet crunch to the yummy bread.


Ingredients:

-1 cup butter or margarine, softened
-2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
-3 eggs
-3 cups all-purpose flour
-1 tablespoon baking powder
-1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
-1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
-1 teaspoon ground cloves
-1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
-1 (16 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin

Directions:
In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs; mix well. Combine dry ingredients; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Stir in pumpkin. Pour into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. x 3-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour or until bread tests done.

No comments:

Post a Comment