Thursday, July 29, 2010

Chicken Salad with Orange and Fennel (9/22/2009)


Yay fennel! So delicious, so cool looking.


I love chicken salad. My Aunt makes a mean chicken salad, and it was my favorite, then I found this recipe in my Cuisine magazine. I had a sandwich for dinner with some of my soup from last night, and wow!

You will need:
-2/3 cup mayonnaise
-2 tbsp orange juice, plus zest of half and orange
-2 cooked chicken breasts, diced
-1 cup grapes, halved (red or green)
-3/4 cup diced fennel bulb
-1/4 cup slivered almonds (toasted, optional)
-2 tbsp chopped fennel fronds
-1 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
-Salt and pepper to taste

Toss all ingredients together in a bowl, chill.

That’s it! So easy, so yummy—just like me!... What? Um. I hope you like it. The chicken salad is so good on just about any type of bread, or mixed with lettuce for a salad.

P.S. To those of you who knew me when I was seventeen/ eighteen…even nineteen, why didn’t any of you ever say anything to me about the over plucking of my eyebrows? I was looking through old pictures and I was shocked! My alien head, sure, I heard about that. My shovel teeth, yep, that too. But the one thing I could actually do something about… nothing. Thanks a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment