Thursday, July 29, 2010

Fried Buffalo Chicken Wraps, for Laura's Little Ghetto Superstar.

Jeremy, it would be cruel to simply mock your taste in food without offering you a more appetizing replacement. Here is a cheep new chicken dinner that will hopefully satisfy some of the same flavor cravings as the original, without making your son puke at the dinner table. All of the ingredients are things that, if you don’t already keep them on hand in your fridge, you can easily start. The recipe is for fried buffalo chicken wraps. They are just as good reheated the next day for lunch (or dinner round two) as they are fresh.

Not my most beautifully photographed meal, but who am I kidding, I’m not that great with a camera…

You will need:

- 1-4 chicken breasts cubed, depending on how many people you are feeding and if you want leftovers. I always cook up four at a time.
- Buffalo Sauce, which ever brand looks good to you.

- Ice burg lettuce
- Ranch dressing
- Tortillas (I would love a recipe for home made tortillas if anyone knows of one…)

I like to marinade my chicken in the buffalo sauce for about an hour before I start cooking, but it really doesn’t matter. I also like to dredge the marinated chicken chunks in flour and fry them up in oil because I like the extra flavor and the crispiness that results. If you don’t feel like going through the extra effort then just fry up the chicken chunks in a non-stick skillet until done. Roll the chicken up in a tortilla with the lettuce, ranch dressing and a little extra buffalo sauce if you like it spicy.
Super easy, super inexpensive, and all the ingredients can be used in other recipes as well so it’s not like you have something random hanging out in your fridge that you will never use again. Jeremy, I care about you, and Laura and I both think you deserve better than cheez-it crusted chicken—no offence to your mom, really, Laura always has the most wonderful things to say about her. It’s just the chicken…

No comments:

Post a Comment