Friday, July 30, 2010

1: Oven Puff Pancakes (or as my Aunt Cherri calls them, "German Pancakes")

Because I don't get to post as often as I'd like, I've decided to make my time on the computer count. Today I've posted six awesome breakfasts that, since making them the first time, I have craved over and over again. My favorite of the six has to be the breakfast puff pastry. It is super easy and delicious, and I probably make it twice a week because I love it so much. Enjoy!


I would credit this recipe to someone, but it's pretty basic and well known. I've seen almost identical recipes for oven puff pancakes in tons of cookbooks. I like to add a dash of vanilla to mine because it makes them taste less eggy...

These are the bomb with fresh fruit.

Ingredients:

- 1 stick of butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- pinch of salt
- dash of vanilla

Directions:

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.

Place your stick of butter in a 9 x 13 pan, or a dutch oven and place in your warm oven to melt while you mix the other ingredients.



In a blender, combine eggs, flour, milk, salt and vanilla. Blend until smooth. Pour batter into your pan once the butter has completely melted.



Bake for 18-20 minutes. Pancakes will "fall" once cut into. Serve with your favorite fresh fruit and powdered sugaar! Yummm....

No comments:

Post a Comment