Thursday, July 29, 2010

Properly Heating Your Pan. (12/30/2009)

Ok guys, my friend Jesse found this a while ago and posted it to his facebook. It blew my mind. I guess I never stopped to think about why my food was sticking to my metal skillets, I just figured it always happened if you weren't using a skillet with non-stick coating. But my friends, it doesn't have to be like that... you don't have to continue living that way!

Click on this link:
http://www.houseboateats.com/2009/12/on-properly-heating-your-pan.html
and it will take you to a blog called Houseboat eats. They have posted two amazingly simple and informative videos, as well as written up an explanation just scientific enough to be awesome, not boring.

I actually dedicated an afternoon to trying this out, and it did take me a couple hours of heating and cooling and reheating my pan to get it right, but it works! Do not wait until you are about to make dinner to try this, you will hate yourself. If you blow this off, you will be sorry. If you don't have metal skillets you should still watch the video with the water ball, it is crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment