Thursday, July 29, 2010

Mormon Mom Enchiladas. (10/5/2009)


My sister-in-law Ashley and her fiancée are in town apartment hunting, visiting friends ect. Lucky for Jacob and I they made some time for us and came over for dinner along with our brother Grayson. Grayson is a mad dater and left around nine to go hook up with a hottie but Ashley, Jake, Jacob and I curled up on our bed and gossiped for a couple wonderful hours.

I love my family! I am so excited for Jake and Ashley, who have been dating since Ash was 15, to get married. Jake likes my food and my crazy kid, so I love him! If you know me well, then you know there is nothing I love more than spooning on the bed and hearing a good story. Tonight was heaven! And the enchiladas were good too.
My mother-in-law Larene gave me the recipe, but it’s just your basic ‘mormon-mom’ enchilada. The most Mexican thing about this recipe is the canned green chilies. This is real, heavy, cheesy, delicious comfort food.

For the enchiladas you will need:

- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 2, 4 oz cans green chilies
- 10-12 small flour tortillas
- about 3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
-salt and pepper to taste


Mix together sour cream, cream of chicken soup and green chilies along with a little salt and pepper to taste. Layer a little of mixture on bottom of 9x13 baking dish. Roll cheese and chicken into tortillas and place in baking dish. Pour remaining sour cream mixture on top of tortillas. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 min, add cheese to top and bake another 5-10 min until cheese melts.

No comments:

Post a Comment