Thursday, July 29, 2010

Grandma Foltz's Pancakes (12/11/2009)

Look at me getting crafty with the Microsoft paint shop. Have you ever seen a finer pancake collage in your life? This one's for you G-ma! *wink*


You may think that your grandma is the best ever, but you have been deceived. If ever I spent the night at Grandma Foltz's house I fell asleep to her reading me a story and singing "Tu rah lura lura," and I woke up to breakfast in bed (homemade pancakes and homemade syrup.) So all your grandmas can suck it! Side note, my grandma is also the bomb at finding perfect sand dollars at the beach. Bam. Best Grandma ever. Pow.

I don't know where my grandma got this recipe, she may have made it up, but she's a little on the nutty side now, so I can't ask her. I wish I had thought to ask when I had the chance... I don't love anybody like I love my grandma and it sucks, to say the least, that she has now completely lost her memory.

For this recipe you will need:

Dry Ingredients-
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- a pinch of salt

Wet Ingredients-
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla

For the best results combine your dry and wet ingredients separately and then mix together until just combined. I like to put a fresh little dab of butter in the skillet for each new pancake because I like the crust it gives my cakes. This recipe will yield between 4 and 6 pancakes depending on how big you make them. This is the first recipe I ever memorized; the beauty of it is that you only need one of each thing and they're all pretty common sense. Thanks Grandma! I love you!

* A little note for you all: If you have your own pancake recipe that happens to call for baking powder (as many of them do) you should know about this tip I read on
http://ohsweetbasil.blogspot.com/
To make sure your baking powder is still good just drop one tsp into 1/3 cup of water. If it doesn't bubble up then toss that junk to the curb, cause it ain't doin' you no favors.

No comments:

Post a Comment